PARKING LOT/STREET CLEANING DRIVER
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
The Parking Lot Maintenance Worker will perform various parking lot maintenance tasks. This position will report to their Supervisor and will be responsible for adhering to maintenance and safety standards that will improve upon the image of each job site.
Essential Duties are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains park by blowing and trash pick-up facilities.
- Performs routine tasks with major job equipment and company vehicles.
- Cleans and removes litter from lawns, parking lot, construction sites, and other public areas.
- Operates and/or drives a variety of light and heavy equipment as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A good 3 year driving record is required.
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver's license.
- No alcohol related convictions within 10 years.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Position requires working on evenings, weekends, some holidays and special events.
- Must be able to follow verbal & written directions.
- Ability to work independently, customer service skills, organizational skills, and a positive attitude
- Must pass physical, drug test and insurance clearance. We also do random testing.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to climb into and onto the vehicles up to fifty times per day.
- Must be at least 23 years old.
- Must be able to work long hours.
- Must live within 15-20 minutes of the City of Niles. (Our past experience has proven that multiple work hours driving a sweeper in addition to a long commute from home has not been conducive. It also means you are not close enough to pick up extra hours.)
- Must be able to work long hours, if need be.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change.
In consideration of employment, all applicants must agree to a background check initiated by Superior Sweeping Inc.